The inspiration for this album cover came from the concept of the title. It sounded catchy and like a good theme to build upon so that's what I did. My idea was to show the audience who Jack is, so he could be easily recognised in the music video as well as showing his guitar and therefore implying the style of music. The background shot is one I took in the Reading Town Centre; I tried to capture a regular, busy street and then the editing is done to blur the image to make it seem like the people are 'rushing through life', while the black and white colour is to go with the music video. The back of the album took a few ideas. Initially I thought a big picture of Jack would be a good idea with the track names to the side of him. Yet this would've contradicted the idea of the 'drawing board'. So then the obvious answer came to mind: show the tracks on an actual drawing board. The sketched text is to yet again go with the concept yet the lower case wording is to give a simplistic almost childish feel to it.
Front Cover:

Back Cover:


No comments:
Post a Comment