Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Focus Groups


The focus groups were used as a means to discover what peoples preferances were in terms of the videos shown. I chose three completely different videos: one with performance and heavy editing, one with narrative and little editing and
one with the same amount of both. I did this so I could decide what would be more effective for my own music video. What I did was get my cla
ssmates and have them watch the three videos of my choice and then following the video I asked a series of questions which my classmates then discussed.
I also handed out sheets of paper for each video asking about Camera-angles, editing, mise-en-scene and sound as well as anything else that was interesting in the video. I did this so if people couldn't get a say in the footage at least I had their thoughts on paper. Here is an example of the handouts:


No comments:

Post a Comment